Are you still active in research & in need of support? If so, learn about OSCAR
Center for the Arts: Become an usher (12 performances per year commitment) & see them free: http://email@example.com
Become a member of the GMU speakers bureau: http://masonspeakers.gmu.edu/
Give talks to at RFA events . Please first sign up with the speakers bureau to spell out the topics of your talks or alternatively do that in your “profile” on the members page of this web site.
Give talks (or a whole course) at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, http://olli.gmu.edu/
Become a marshal at the graduation ceremonies: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Help out during welcome week: http://welcomeweek.gmu.edu/volunteer/
Help your former department by becoming a mentor or advisor, and maybe get some office space in the process?
You could also become a tutor for specific subjects:
Other mentoring opportunities for students and faculty:
- MasonLife http://masonlife.gmu.edu/,
- Early Identification Program http://eip.gmu.edu/,
- DreamCatchers http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2013/11/dream-catchers-program-seeks-mentors-role-models-risk-students/,
- Students as Scholars http://oscar.gmu.edu/fac-staff/Toolbox-Mentoring-Undergraduates.cfm
- Faculty Mentoring http://provost.gmu.edu/faculty-mentoring/