Welcome to the Retired Faculty Association:
— Your Mason connection to colleagues, community, cultural activities, news and information. —
The Retired Faculty Association offers a way to stay in touch with colleagues and the University. All retired instructional, research and administrative faculty, and those nearing retirement are invited to become members. Spouses and partners of retired faculty, widows, widowers or partners of deceased members are invited to become Associate Members. No dues are required, but donations are appreciated to help support RFA activities– see Contribute link.
Activate Your Membership: The “members area” link under “members,” will allow you to activate your membership, see information about other members, and find groups of members who have some of the same interests as you. Starting a new interest group (e.g., a walking group) is described in detail under “activities” — “interest groups.”
Activities: Save the dates for 2016-17 events
- Wed Sept 14 – Tour of Gunston Hall. Meet at entrance at 10AM. We have a private tour with a docent (Libby Hall), at $8.00 per person, followed by a lunch as a picnic weather permitting or in a room in the visitors center.
- Oct 12 – Potomac River Water Quality and Measurements tour – repeat of a popular outing. Chris Jones, Professor of Environmental Science and Policy, and Director of the Potomac Environmental Research and Education Center. A guided tour of the river ecology on a Mason boat at Pohick Bay Regional Park – Boat Launch area. See a video of our Sept 2014 event
- Nov 10 – Tom Davis, current BOV Rector, former Congressman – his ‘take’ on the 2016 election results
- Dec 7 – Tour of Luray Caverns with Doug Mose
- A tour of Mason’s Rooftop Greenhouse was suggested and will be pursued as a spring event.
The RFA also sponsors a wide range of events intended for all members, For a list of past and future events sponsored by the Retired Faculty Association see: “Activities –> Featured events.” Ideas for future events are always welcome. Please send suggestions to Program Chair, Bob Ehrlich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities: To find opportunities to volunteer on campus see “Contribute –> Volunteer.”
Minutes of Retired Faculty Association: Take a look at our progress since we began in 2014 by viewing the Association minutes.
Research Assistance: Interested in selecting an undergrad student to assist you with your research? Consider Mason’s “OSCAR” program