Are you still active in research & in need of support? If so, learn about OSCAR
Center for the Arts: Become an usher (12 performances per year commitment) & see them free: http://email@example.com
Become a member of the GMU speakers bureau: http://masonspeakers.gmu.edu/
Give talks at RFA events . Please contact program chair with details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give talks (or a whole course) at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, http://olli.gmu.edu/
Become a marshal at the graduation ceremonies: http://email@example.com
Help out during welcome week: http://welcomeweek.gmu.edu/volunteer/
Help your former department by becoming a mentor or advisor, and maybe get some office space in the process?
You could also become a tutor for specific subjects:
Other mentoring opportunities for students and faculty:
- MasonLife http://masonlife.gmu.edu/,
- Early Identification Program http://eip.gmu.edu/,
- DreamCatchers http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2013/11/dream-catchers-program-seeks-mentors-role-models-risk-students/,
- Students as Scholars http://oscar.gmu.edu/fac-staff/Toolbox-Mentoring-Undergraduates.cfm
- Faculty Mentoring http://provost.gmu.edu/faculty-mentoring/