Mission statement (from RFA bylaws)
The George Mason University Retired Faculty Association’s mission is to make faculty retirement the best of all possible worlds and to that end:
- To promote continued collegiality and communication among retired faculty and provide a vehicle for them to remain in contact with each other and support the goals and endeavors of the University.
- To develop and/or support appropriate programs to assist members in enhancing the quality of their lives.
- To facilitate continued participation in the University community.
- To benefit the University through the services, efforts, and contributions of retirees.
- To promote the best possible retirement through advocacy, publications, educational lectures, and social events.
- To ensure and be informed about optimum benefits.