George Mason University
Minutes of the Retired Faculty Association – Executive Committee
January 25, 2018, 10:10 AM – 11:10 AM mtg.
Human Resources, Merten Hall
Members Present: Jack Censer, Bob Ehrlich, Joan Isenberg, Jim Sanford (Presiding), Janice Sutera Wolfe, Veronique Klimonda
- The meeting commenced at 10:10 AM
- Minutes of Nov. 8, 2017 were approved after one correction.
- Elections (Bob Ehrlich)
- VP position is open. Possible nominees were mentioned and will be approached.
- Jack C. will assume Presidency next year.
- Film Club (Joan Isenberg) January 2018 discussed Rana’s Wedding. Attendance: 6
- Mason Club and OLLI. (Bob Ehrlich) Take a FREEOLLI lecture (75 minutes) and enjoy an $11 breakfast: See: https://rfa.gmu.edu/olli_course/ Action: Will share info with RFA members again directly through email before Part 1 starts.
- Programming/Events (Bob Ehrlich). Holocaust Museum tour planned for Feb. 6 will need to be postponed until next year. Discussed possible substitute program/lecture. Jack Censer will contact Lois Horton or Spencer Crew as possible lecturers for February. Discussed other ways of contacting Danica Roem for future programming.
Fall 2017 Event attendance:
- Thurs, Jan 11, 12 PM, Tour of the National Firearms Museum. Meet at noon for lunch in NRA cafeteria followed by museum tour at 1 PM, 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax. Attended: 16
- Mon Dec 11, 5 PM, 163 Research Hall, Talk by Dr. Mike Summers on Life in the Universe, followed by a night sky viewing session in the observatory from about 5:40 to 6:40 PM. Attended: 15
- Wed, Nov 8, 11AM, Rm A, Johnson Center, Talk by Dave Hall, AARP, on the Senior Driver- Drive Safer, Longer. Attended: 5
- Tues, Oct 10, 1030AM. Walk along C & O canal & lunch at Old Angler’s Inn. Attended: 1
- Sat, Sept 16, 10AM. Dr. Tom Wood, Visit to Environmental Studies on the Piedmont, Warrenton, Virginia. Attended: 5
- Treasurer’s Report (Joan Isenberg). $562.87 with no activity 2017-2018 academic year.
- Next Meeting: March 7 at 2:30 PM in Planetary Hall.
- Meeting ended 11:10 AM
Respectfully submitted, Janice Sutera Wolfe, Ph.D., 2012 Retiree